Friday, July 23, 2010

What is this strange feeling inside?

Wow. I just had a small burst of what I think I may have identified as happiness! I just feel so good today and I never stop to acknowledge it when it happens. Who woulda thunk that you can feel happy while you’re bankrupt?

It’s been nearly a month since I started this blog and I promised at the beginning that I would take you along on the journey to rebuild my life and my finances. So far, I’ve bleated on about the many negative aspects of declaring bankruptcy and how bad I’ve been feeling so I think it’s time I focused on some of the positive things I am achieving in the mean time.

I’ve enrolled to study. I discovered that I can do a Masters degree part-time while I work and all the fees are paid via the Australian Commonwealth Assistance Program so I haven’t had to pay any fees upfront! I’m really excited about this as it will help me to reconnect with industry and bring me up to date on the technological changes that have been occurring in my chosen field whilst I was working in small business. It also means new friends, a new start and a new challenge!

I’m applying for jobs. Can’t wait to see what I might end up doing and can’t wait to have an income again and start SAVING after all this time on the debt merry-go-round. Even the prospect of moving out of Mum and Dad’s seems a little less daunting these days. I know my financial confidence will return when I need it.

I’m being creative. Writing this blog; working on my book; writing songs and doing a few freelance design jobs around the place. All these little projects give me the satisfaction of seeing something positive grow from all this negativity; a little tomato plant beginning to shoot from a pile of crap.

I’m getting fit and healthy. I think I’m in the best physical shape I’ve been in for about 10 years and I feel fantastic. I’m eating lots of healthy, nutritious food – and eating regularly. Sleeping really well, too, and that’s pure heaven, I hadn’t had an un-induced good night of sleep for years.

I’m socializing with lots of new and interesting people. I’ve been out every night this week, and even had to cancel a double booking! None of it expensive; just visiting with people, maybe a bottle of wine, great conversation and a good laugh. I’ve had a few visitors from interstate and it’s been wonderful to introduce them to my family after all this time.

I’m spending time with my family. I've been extracting lots of love and cuddles from my nieces and nephews, sometimes against their will but they're getting used to being mauled by their affection deficient Aunty. Just being in touch with my family’s everyday life again is so comforting, dropping in, organizing stuff, being involved.

I have a car. My awesome parents have acquired a third car so I now have my own wheels to get around. Can you believe it? It’s made such a huge difference for me to have that independence and get out and about. Lucky, Girl!

This is good. I’m going to favourite this page so I can come back and read it if I have a bad day.

No comments:

Post a Comment