Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Hello? Ms Bankrupted, are you still there?

Yes, I'm still here. Only 1010 days to go. I can’t believe I haven’t posted for a whole week! I wish I could say that my life is not affected by my bankruptcy anymore and that I am moving on and getting over the whole thing but that’s not really true. I’ve just survived a whole week with absolutely no money in my pocket. Have you ever tried to go a whole week without spending any money except for absolute essentials? I have transport, meals and rent covered but I’ve had to come up with some creative ideas for parking in the city and explaining to a 6 year old that she will have to wait another week for her birthday present. Being bankrupt doesn’t necessarily equate to being cash strapped but until I get a higher paying job my situation will not improve. It is still far better than before, I just don’t have a credit card to distort the reality.

So a quick update on previous blogs:

No response from the selection panel that rejected my job application. I really wasn’t expecting to hear from them, they’d be too busy getting on with the job of employing someone. Would love to know what was so repulsive about my application that they were able to reject me in just four days.

No response from the Trustee, in spite of her promises to get back to me last week. Not really bothered, I think I was just having an anxiety attack. What difference does it make, really?

AND I presented my first Uni assignment yesterday. I think I did pretty well! It was so satisfying to research something entirely new and present it as an expert. I’ve been feeling so down on myself eg. “What would I know, I’m a bankrupt.” Well, it turns out, quite a lot actually, with the capacity to learn even more.

Life goes on, the detritus swells to fill the gaping space that remains after everything, both good and bad, is taken away. It’s up to me to cordon it against the things I don’t want and nurture the things I do, like this blog – thank goodness, it’s free!

No comments:

Post a Comment