Sunday, June 17, 2012

On the home stretch now...

So, here we are. I have less than a year to go. It's so strange how I just forget sometimes but it still pains me when I remember that I am bankrupt. The other day, I was seriously considering a voluntary position on the board of a non-profit organisation and then I suddenly realised that it wouldn't be a good idea. My presence on that board could jeopardise the whole organisation. If they didn't have a policy regarding "fit and proper persons" for their board members, I would be exposing them to risk just through association with me.

On a happier note, I've saved nearly $5000 dollars toward a deposit on a house. By this time next year I will have doubled that which means I only have another 97 years to go and I might be able to buy a small flat in Dumbleyung. 

Although with inflation, that's probably a little unrealistic.

No comments:

Post a Comment